Endangered Vegetables survival kit

(2) Write a Review

Product Description

94% of all heritage vegetables have vanished in 100 years alone yet many gardeners will grow varieties like Gardeners Delight which have hundreds of producers and very little biodiverse value. Yet these are from the remaining 6% and some only have a few producers left. We know they are endangered because they are on the Slow Food Ark of Taste, a register of foods, varieties and ingredients at risk of being lost forever. Grow them, or lose them forever!

The kit contains 8 packets of seeds between the following varieties:

- Carrot Parisier

- Spinach Virofly

- Pumpkin Berrettina or Marina

- Tomato San marzano

- Escarole di Bergamo

- Chicory of Castelfranco

- Borlotto of Saluggia

- French bean Meraviglia of Venice

- Cucumber melon

- Asparagus Argenteuils

- Cardoon of Nizza

- Root Chicory of Chiavari

- Hamburg Parsley


  • 5
    Endangered vegetable survival pack

    Posted by Ben on 6th Jun 2023

    I bought this pack as I'm a slow food member and thought I'd give some of these delicious and yet endangered vegetables a grow.... Have been thoroughly pleased with all of them so far, great germination and growth. The actual product is great with superb packaging and graphic design. It also comes with some information on the Slow Food movement and why these particular varieties are at risk. Super little pack and am planning on buying more of them.

  • 5
    endangered vegetables survival kit

    Posted by Chris Dolloway on 13th Dec 2019

    Looks great and kept me in touch with the delivery, just need to see what my mum's green finger do.